Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Marr Factory

I had the pleasure of being involved with The Marr Factory which ran from 26th - 30th August. This is a slightly late post but I was also tied up with New Zealand Fashion Week last week (post about that to come too!). Below I have posted about Karen Walker and NOM*d but you can see videos and photos of all the shows here.

Karen Walker

The first night of the Marr Factory was Karen Walker and I got to work back stage which was extremely fun and everyone was lovely. Because I was working (and forgot my camera) I didn't take any photos but here is one from Stephen Marr (click for more), and here is a video of the show from Remix Magazine

The prints are all amazing as we have come to expect from Karen Walker, with gorgeous Beau Coops to match - see!
My favourite and most coveted items though were the sunglasses! they come in a number of different styles and in either gold or black filigree here is a selection or you can view the whole collection here



 NOM*d

The last night of the Marr Factory was NOM*d, whom are by far my favourite New Zealand label so I was pretty excited to see the show. The best part of it being that it was at Golden Dawn which is a cosy venue which made everyone feel like they were front row. This time I did remember my camera so I'm thrilled to present my photos of the show. I have to say I truly loved it, NOM*d have done it yet again with layering of textures, interesting silhouettes and some truly great prints. The best print was the beige "NOM*d - Land" with iconic New Zealand imagery inspired by Margi Robertson's collection of souvenir scarves. It's lovely to see some kiwiana get a cool makeover.To view the whole collection in closer detail "A Raven's Tale" click here
































xx

No comments:

Post a Comment