Thursday 26 July 2012

Stella McCartney Lingerie SS 12/13

My lovely photographer friend Meagan invited me to a collection preview at Bendon tonight and I had a great time (not to mention coming home laden with a goodie bag, a purchase and a freebie set of Stella McCartney briefs to commemorate the Olympics!).
I didn't end up taking any photos as I was running late and forgot my camera so I'm looking forward to the lookbook coming out. Meanwhile I borrowed the below shots from Bendon.






The colour palette is a lovely range of colours from blush pink, grey, black, cherise and a gorgeous emerald green set I was dying to have (but they're not available until November!). Also there are subtle leopard prints, snake skin prints and gold foil polka dots. Some of the laces used are designed from vintage lace reproduced, which makes it not only beautiful but unique.

I guess what I was most impressed by was the range of different styles and colours making the collection interesting and multifaceted. Each style is named after one of 13 of Stella McCartney's girlfriends and I think basing each style on a person has injected the variety.

There were a number of racer backed bras which I loved and bras with no underwire and the softest and lightest fabrics to make them invisible under clothing. Another favourite was the pairing of black with dark blue lace, just gorgeous.

So all in all a great collection and I had a lovely time, I'm quietly looking forward to November for some of the styles but there are loads of pieces in store at Bendon now.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment