Wednesday 4 July 2012

Karl Lagerfeld

I spent last night trawling through videos and interviews of Karl Lagerfeld, enjoying myself thoroughly. To be honest I didn't think much of him until I saw Lagerfeld Confidential when it came out with Vogue, I guess I just thought of him as a caricature of a person without much substance. How wrong I was! he is a very real, very interesting person, one who is very private but has a huge public persona. And he is very humble, acknowledging he is where he is because of how hard he has worked. Here is his first TV appearance in 1955 where he came second to Yves Saint Laurent in a competition for coat design.

And this, the favourite find of last night's video marathon


His range KARL by Karl Lagerfeld is surprisingly affordable and very cool, you can see a lot of his personal style over each garment. Basically a brilliant mishmash of tuxedo glamour and biker chic (swoon!).





See the full Kollection at www.karl.com



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment